6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2017 10:10 AM by EvilBugQueen1

Illustrations listed as photos

jnwbr Level 1

There needs to be a better separation of photos and illustrations. Many illustrations that are photo-like are shown in search results for photos. Unfortunately you sometimes don't know they are illustrations until they are purchased and seen in full resolution.

For instance image 121775199 could be a really clean photo, but it's an illustration. Even if it is a photo-like rendering it should be listed as an illustration.

• 1. Re: Illustrations listed as photos
          Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback.

However, you can use the filter option to refine your search. Please refer to the screenshot below:

Also, you can check once you open the selected image/illustration for the properties. Refer the screenshot:

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

• 2. Re: Illustrations listed as photos
            jnwbr Level 1

Hi Sheena

I'm familiar with filtering and had filtered my search to be for Photos and this was in the results.

I'm also familiar with looking at the File Type. And there's the rub with an image like this example. Yes, it is a JPG which is what photos are, but many photo realistic illustrations on the site are JPG too. Like this one. With vector illustrations, seeing the AI designation means they will be Illustrator files, but in a case like this the file type doesn't help designate the actual look of the image.

I know it means maybe more work on your end, but an image like this should be keyworded as an illustration even though it is "photo-like". Or maybe there needs to be another keyword or filter that catches hybrid images like this.

In the end, having these type of images appear in photo searches is somewhat confusing if what you're looking for is actual photos and nothing else.

John

• 3. Re: Illustrations listed as photos
              Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Thanks for the feedback John!

I will pass the same to the concerned team.

• 4. Re: Illustrations listed as photos
                EvilBugQueen1 Adobe Employee

Hi JW,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll ask the content team to contact the contributor and correct this. This image should not be appearing when you filter for photos.

EBQ

• 5. Re: Illustrations listed as photos
                  jnwbr Level 1

That's great, but believe me there are a lot of other images mis-tagged in this way.

I've done many searches for all kinds of images and this issue is there in almost every search.

Unfortunately the remedy might be a matter of painstakingly going through and looking yourselves.

• 6. Re: Illustrations listed as photos
                    EvilBugQueen1 Adobe Employee

Hi JW,

If you have a list, please share it. It would greatly help us.

EBQ