Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is It possible to Create an Extension With Two Dialogs

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friends,

I want to develop an extension for CC 2015.3 plugin with two dialogs.

when I click a button(Show Dialog) in first dialog will show the second dialog(with button,textbox controls).

I look at Illustrator SDK samples. all the UI samples are shows that a single dialog in an Extension.

I am having doubt, Is  It possible to create  an extension(zxp) with two dialogs.

If it is possible then give your suggestion to create extension with two dialogs.

Thank you Friends,

Nathan.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Yes it is possible, you just add extra Extension objects to the ExtensionList in your manifest.xml. You need to specify a different Id for each extension, a different html file for the MainPath and a different Menu if you are using menus to show your dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is possible, you just add extra Extension objects to the ExtensionList in your manifest.xml. You need to specify a different Id for each extension, a different html file for the MainPath and a different Menu if you are using menus to show your dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your suggestion.

When I click a button(Show Sub Dialog)  in main dialog then the Sub Dialog is Shown as my expectation.

But there was a problem,The Main Dialog is Accessible at the time of Sub Dialog is shown.

I want to restrict the access of Main Dialog at the time of Sub Dialog is shown.

Is it possible in Mac machine.

please give your suggestion.

Thank you friend,

Nathan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you set the Extension Type to ModalDialog for the Sub Dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your Immediate reply.

No,I already set it as Panel.

Now I change it to ModalDialog and it works fine now.

Thank you Friend,

Nathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Friend,

I have Create a FlashUI With 2 Dialogs.

When I click a button(Show Sub Dialog)  in main dialog then the Sub Dialog is Shown .

But the Controls Are Not Shown in the Second Dialog(Created as Panel or ModalDialog).

please give your Suggestion to Solve this Problem.

Thank you Friend,

Nathan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines