1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 21, 2017 11:06 AM by Dave LaRonde

Copy File Paths from Missing File Paths

michellek36123792

Hi all:

Apologies if this is a super simple question. I just haven't been able to find an answer in the forums or on the web.

Taking on a project from another studio and we're trying to figure out all the missing files and relinking them. One of the issues I'm having is that I can't seem to right click on the File Path column to copy the file path. We're sending the paths to the previous studio by email to request the missing media.

Is there another way to copy the file paths? Or even better, to batch get all the missing file paths?

We're currently using After Effects 2015.

Thanks

M

• 1. Re: Copy File Paths from Missing File Paths
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Here's the dead-simple way:

Have that other studio put all the footage into one folder, with the exception of image sequences.  They should be in their own folders.  They can use the Collect Footage command.

Then you can just double-click on a piece of missing footage, navigate to that one folder, double-click on the appropriate file and ZAP!  AE finds the other missing footage.  You might have to navigate to the individual image sequence folders, but that's not a big deal.