• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LEE HOLLAMBY - Why Adobe Flash Player not working on my Internet Explorer 11 ??

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am Lee Hollamby and I am a Graphic designer

Adobe Flash Player will not work on my Internet Explorer 11.

I have confirmed Adobe Flash Player is properly installed. If I change default to Chrome, or to Firefox - the Adobe Flash Player will work well. The moment I change default back to Internet Explorer 11 - Adobe Flash Player will cease to work. This makes no sense to me, but since I prefer Internet Explorer I have been temporarily switching back and forth just to watch website videos. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why this happens and how I may correct it?

Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which operating system are you working on? What message do you get when you try to access Flash content on IE?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Each browser has it's own interface for browser plug-ins.  This means that there's a separate Flash Player for each browser.  Chrome comes with one built in.  It sounds like the Firefox one is installed since it works. 

If you're on Windows 7 or below, you'll need to download and install the ActiveX variant of Flash Player before it will work. 

To do that, using Internet Explorer, go here, and follow the instructions:https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

If you're on Windows 8 or higher, Flash Player is a built-in component of Internet Explorer, and there's nothing separate to download or install.  In that instance, hopefully my generic IE11 advice will get you going.

First, confirm that ActiveX Filtering is configured to allow Flash content:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Internet Explorer 11 and Edge introduce a number of changes both to how the browser identifies itself to remote web servers, and to how it processes JavaScript intended to target behaviors specific to Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, this means that content on some sites will be broken until the content provider changes their site to conform to the new development approach required by modern versions of IE.

You can try to work around these issues by using Compatibility View:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

If that is too inconvenient, using Google Chrome may be a preferable alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines