• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incompatibility with Oracle's Outside In

Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I work at a software development company and one of our features is rendering PDFs within a browser.  We currently license Oracle's Outside In HTML5 viewer to render the document.  One of the sub-features (word marking) doesn't seem to work when clients scan and ocr a paper document using Adobe Acrobat Pro.  Outside In recognizes the text but the mark-up does not work.  What's interesting, is that if a client opens the PDF in MS Word then re-saves the file as a PDF using the Word converter, the file works fine.  I've attached a few screenshots for reference:

Document scanned and OCR'd in Acrobat Pro and rendered in Outside In viewer:

Same document when converted to PDF using MS Word:

Is there a configuration setting that needs to be adjusted so the output can be rendered correctly?  Any help would be much appreciated!

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Can you please try following steps to do OCR.

Open PDF and go to Tools> Enhance scan> Recognize Text> In this file> Settings(*)

Select (Editable Text& Images/Clearscan) and now run OCR.

Try this option of OCR. If issue still exist please share the file.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried that setting before and it causes the text distortion in the Oracle Outside In Viewer (see first screenshot).  When I open that same file in Word, the simple text is fine and the images are fine but the tables are distorted.  I'd be happy to send over the sample file(s) if you share an email address.

Thanks for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does Oracle's tech support say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please follow the steps to share the file using Adobe send - https://cloud.acrobat.com/send

1. Open this link
  2. Click on “Select files to Send”
  3. Click link "Choose file from my computer" and Select the file
  4. Click on "Add Files", if you have more files to add
  5. Click on Create link and share this link

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines