• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

move location of "conformed files" folder

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble with audition taking up huge amounts of space on my system drive.  Files are being stored in "my documents" alongside project files despite me setting all cache preferences to the storage drive.  I only have 128 gb of SSD to play with for my system, and the 15gb of wav files is causing my system to lag.

Read through all settings and searched high and low, no results yet. 

Hope this is a simple fix I am overlooking, please let me knowUntitled.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Unfortunately there seems to be no way to move the location for storing Conformed files from within Audition as far as I can see (unless the Developers know better). The Documents folder (among other Library folders) does take up a lot of space so this is a common problem for people with their OS on smaller SSD drives. Windows does however allow you to move the location of your Library folders onto another drive. So I would suggest that you could try moving your Documents folder onto your larger

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Audition? So you have redirected all the Temp folders and Media Caches in Audition's Preferences/Media and Disk Caches. Can you post an image of that settings page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition CC 10.0.2.27 

Attached photos for reference.

Windows 7 64bit home

8gb ram

C:\ 128gb SSD system

D:\ 500gb HDD for media

Untitled.png1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there seems to be no way to move the location for storing Conformed files from within Audition as far as I can see (unless the Developers know better). The Documents folder (among other Library folders) does take up a lot of space so this is a common problem for people with their OS on smaller SSD drives. Windows does however allow you to move the location of your Library folders onto another drive. So I would suggest that you could try moving your Documents folder onto your larger D: drive.

How to Move Windows 7 Personal Folders Like My Documents to Another Drive | Gizmo's Freeware

So perhaps a new feature request for the ability to assign the folder where Audition stores Conformed files is in order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I'm mistaken the "Conformed Files", "Bounced Files", "Backup" and "Rendered Files" were all in the folder containing the sesx file all of which (for the sake of good project management) should be in their own Artist/Session/Project folder.

So you have control of where conformed files go.

If you have a small C drive get a second or third SSD and put your data on that one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am pretty new to all of this so I can't say for sure.  All I know is that every time I import, it saves them to this location regardless of any preferences I have changed. 

I followed the advice of relocating my documents to the larger drive, and this seems to be a suitable hack for he moment. 

Thanks for the input and getting me through this hiccup. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines