• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Library colors are different in AI Draw.

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently picked up an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil so that I could do a fair amount of my work on the go, and then finalize at my desktop. I have run into a setback that I am hoping someone can explain or if not Adobe to be made aware of and fix.

Since I am working on a monthly running graphic novel, I have saved roughly 30 colors into my CC Library for use in PS. When using Illustrator Draw on my iPad I am able to see those colors and use them, however, they are way off. I can tell a difference on my iPad as they look way brighter, almost neon. At first, I thought maybe it was just the difference of the screen but when I imported them back into PS and compared they were indeed different colors. So now, I am having to go through all of my layers and correct the colors.

My illustrations are in CMYK on both my desktop PS and iPad Illustrator Draw.

Any solution to this?

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Jesse.

Thank you so much. This is super helpful... especially since Broachindy is also on Windows on the desktop.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bradley,

That seems strange as the colors are saved on your CC library.

I understand that the intensity of the colors is varying from device to device.

Are all these devices connected to the same network while syncing the colors from the CC libraries?

Also what is the version of the apps; are they up to date?

Also, if you can confirm me the OS version of the devices that you are using.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sheena.

All devices connected to same network.

All apple devices are up to date iOS 10.2

All apps up to date. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all.

Using windows 10 on desktop and PS as well as AI are both up to date per my adobe CC desktop app.

Thank you,

Bradley.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Broachindy,

I got a message from you through the in-app feedback and I'll respond to you there as soon as I talk to the product team about it (as Sheena mentioned, since you're using the colors from a Library, they should be the same despite how your screen displays them).

I just wanted to let you know that I was looking into it.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I also noticed something caused all of my library CMYK colors to change. When looking at the tooltip for each CMYK color, the color codes were wrong and RGB values were shown instead of CMYK.

Editing the color entries while in CMYK mode did not change them back to CMYK, RGB values still showed in the tooltips. Recreating the library entries while in CMYK mode provided proper CMYK values and color codes in the tooltips. This solved my issue.

So it may be that an update corrupted your vast library of colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesse.

Thanks for posting. A quick question: Broachindy was referring to Adobe Draw when mentioning that the colors were "off" from what was saved in the Library, but it sounds as if what you noticed, happened in the desktop apps.

Can you let me know? It does seem a bit of a coincidence.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Yes, my encounter occured in AI and PS for Windows 10.

-Jesse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jesse.

Thank you so much. This is super helpful... especially since Broachindy is also on Windows on the desktop.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines