Have you updated to the very latest version of XD?
Yes I did. I'm using version 0.6.18.5.
Any other suggestions or ways to save my project?
Did anything change recently on your computer? Do you have a backup of an earlier version that will open?
I too am having the same issue. Can not open my saved files. Files which are created and saved in the older version are opening but the latest .xd version files are not. I think it's because of the update. I did update the latest version and it started troubling.
The old files that I've saved in my backup do open without any problems. Same for the other XD files, it's just this specific file. So still hoping you can help me out.
Can you upload your file to a share and send me a PM with the link? We can take a look at the file to see what might have happened.
I want to clarify a bit the behavior you are seeing and the context:
1. You are running 0.6.18.5 on Mac
2. The files created in previous Mac version can be opened in the new version? Can they be saved in the new version?
3. When you create a new XD file using the latest version, are you not able to save it? Does this happen for all your new files?
4. Where is the location of your backup files that you are able to open?
5. Where is the location of the files you are not able to save?
1. I assume you are running 0.6.18.5 on Mac. What OSX version do you have?
2. The old files from backup - are you able to open them and save them using the new version?
3. The file that you are not able to save - was it among the backup files? Is it a new file created with the new XD version?
4. How long were you working on this file before restarting XD?
5. What is the location of the file you are not able to open? Are you using the same location for other files that can be opened without issues?
1. I'm running the latest version on Mac (OS X Yosemite)
2. Yes I can open the old backup files and make a new version of it.
3. I'm not really having problems saving it. It's more that it won't open the file.
4. (don't have the exact time for that)
5. The file is stored on my computer. And they have no problems with opening, so it's really just this specific file.
Still hoping that you are able to save my document.