• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assertion Failed

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated LR to 5.9. Catalog froze. Adobe technicians deleted preferences and restored. I saved the catalog right away. Tried to relaunch..."encountered error" and shut down. Reopened and got an endless (like an hour) of LR optimizing so called Adobe. Technician used task manager to shut LR down. Reinstalled LR. Got Assertion Failed notice. Had me send my catalog to him...he couldn't find anything wrong and sent it back. Same problem. He went to my windows users file and that was fine (that % USER ). No luck. I even copied the file onto an external drive and tried it on my laptop ...Assertion failed.

Comments:  Usually when I open LR and close it all the files close. This time I notice the lrcat and one other didn't. You'll think I'm crazy, but the arrow on this was shaking - not steady, so I wondered if my desktop is failing. But the tech created a new LR catalog and that worked. I also created a new LR catalog on the laptop and it works. I'm just trying to give you any info I can think of.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have tried to create a new User account. Sometime the user profiles in Windows are faulty and this can be the reason that LR is hanging.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I do that? thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your control panel in windows menu and under user and accounts, create a new user login for your computer. Once you are logged in, try opening up the problematic catalog you have.

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please help? I went to the user and accounts and I am the local administrator.

Am I supposed to add a new non family user? in which case I need to create a new Microsoft account? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that worked to solve my "assertion Failed" error.  My catalog is alive and well, just can't open it as ME....:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines