• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Plugins are all disabled, and cannot be located. Chrome://plugins is gone. S.O.S

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. A while back, my FB games began crashing in Firefox no matter what I did, even though I kept updating my Shockwave player. So, I switched to Chrome and things were fine. Recently, things keep crashing in Chrome and when I try to go to the plugins, the address I'm told to go to says it no longer is available. Chrome:plugins, or chrome://plugins. Even when I could get to them a couple of months ago, there was no button to click to enable them, as I kept getting a message telling me my plugins were disabled and I clicked on the links Adobe told me to, and did all the steps. I have a windows 10 op system, and I hate it, simply hate it. I still have my old Dell XPS Studio 7100 with windows 7 and I'm considering using it again, because I don't know what else to do. My newer XPS 8100 (or 8900, can't see which it is from where I'm sitting and don't feel like getting under my desk right now) has a lot more RAM and a bigger hard drive, but my boyfriend is a computer tech teacher and could just as easily transfer things back into the old tower and use the old op system, correct? If not, how can I get to my plugins to enable them when I can't even get the system to recognize that I have them, and in Chrome, can't even get to them? Please help me. I need to be able to use this computer for school this fall, as well, and it is almost useless now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Google removed the chrome://plugins feature in Chrome 57.  We are in the process of updating the 'enable for Chrome' tech note.

To enable Flash Player in Chrome 57, do the following:

1. Launch Chrome and navigate to chrome://settings/content
  2. Look for the Flash entry
  3. Either
    1. select Allow sites to run Flash which should enable Flash on all sites
    2. or select Manage exceptions... and manage Flash on a per-site basis by entering the individual site domain name and setting the entry to Allow.  Click Done when finished entering the individual sites.
  4. Click Done
  5. Relaunch Chrome
  6. Does Flash content display?

If the above doesn't work, try the following;

1. Launch Chrome and navigate to chrome://flags
  2. Search for Prefer HTML over Flash
  3. Select Enabled
  4. Relaunch Chrome
  5. Does Flash content display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines