• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OCR not working properly. Acrobat not marking pages that didn't OCR.

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company recently upgraded to Acrobat DC Pro.  We opted to turn off the automatic OCR function and run it manually.  A  user reported, after OCRing her PDF, that several pages didn't OCR correctly.  Acrobat didn't mark the pages that didn't OCR correctly.  She still has access to the older version of Adobe.  She was able to OCR the entire document without issue so we know it's not the PDF.  Is there a setting that needs to be turned on?   She also noticed the status was missing during the OCR.  I think that's the new standard.  Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the issue you are facing.

Can you please share following information to help us identify and resolve the issue ASAP:

- Few sample page where older version can OCR but newer version can't(original pages before OCR). You can use  https://cloud.acrobat.com/send to share the file.

- Exact steps you are using to run OCR. (I hope you are doing OCR from Edit PDF tool.)

Please try following steps to run OCR:

• Go to Tools and select "Enhance Scan" tool.
  • Now select "Recognise Text" drop-down menu and click "In This File" option. (Change "settings" if you want) and Click "Recognise Text"

These steps might resolve your issues.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines