10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2017 3:06 PM by StrangeDesign

Thumbnails don't show after editing in Photoshop?

StrangeDesign Level 1

I've come across the strangest problem with Photoshop: whenever I edit a JPG image in the program and save, Windows Explorer won't show the thumbnail.

I've tried a lot of things so I'll list what I've learned/tried so far:

• It only affects JPG files, not other formats
      • It doesn't happen when I create a file in Photoshop and save it as JPG (aka only when editing an existing JPG file)
      • If I open the file but don't edit it and just choose 'Save As', the thumbnail does appear
      • It only happens in Photoshop, not any other programs (whether it's other Adobe programs or something as simple as Paint)
      • The saved file behaves like any other file except for showing it's thumbnail
      • I've set Windows Explorer to show thumbnails, not icons
      • Refreshing the folder the file is placed in, going out and back into the folder, changing the size of the thumbnails, and restarting Explorer didn't help
      • The icons look the same after restarting the computer

I can't find any settings in Photoshop that seem related to the problem and Google is no help either. I didn't have this issue on my old computer with the same OS and version of Photoshop so I'm pretty lost here If anyone have the faintest idea of what's going on, please let me know!

Technical info

Photoshop version: CS6