Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to keep texture of handwritten letters using live trace tool

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

so i just started with typography etc. a couple of weeks ago. I now wanted to turn my handwriting into a font.

As a font editor I'm using type 3.2. My plan was to vectorize my letters, save them as a svg and import them to type 3.2.

To do that, I wanted to use the live tracing tool. Unfortunately it takes all the texture of my letters away. I tried all kind of different settings, but nothing worked...

I'm just wondering how professionals keep this "textured" look in their fonts, e.g. this one: File “Script Fonts Product Images ~ Wild Spirit Font… ~ Creative M...”
http://take.ms/HzcRu

This is how my letters look like: File “svg.svg_ @ 50% (CMYK_GPU Preview) 2017-03-24 23.18.14.png”

When I trace them, this is how they look like (the very best): File “svg.svg_ @ 50% (CMYK_GPU Preview) 2017-03-24 23.22.26.png”

The image of the letters is 5500 x 3000 and almost 3mb big - so I don't think the solution is the problem?

I appreciate any tips, advice or ideas!

Cheers,

Sinikka

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?