Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts keep going back to Custom

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I use Final Cut's Keyboard shortcuts to edit, unfortunately these don't come with certain shortcuts such as "Toggle Full Screen" or "Add Marker". When I try to go into Final Cut's shortcuts and add any key as a shortcut, aaaall the Keyboard Shortcuts except the one I edited, go back to "Custom" changing it back the way they were at the beginning! Gee! I have not been able to edit freely, I have to be going back and forth to change it. I never encountered this problem with any of the preview Premieres! PLEASE, SOMEONE, HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at home on my laptop, without PrPro really available ... but can you save-as the FCP keyboard shortcuts, open that, and make changes?

EDIT:  I was actually able to get PrPro up ... saved-as the FCP keyboard shorts to something else, then added one, saved-as that ... reopened, added another one, save-as "do you want to overwrite?" said yes, and it saved that with the other mods I'd already made.

So yes ... save the FCP to a custom setting first, THEN over-write that custom with further modifications.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as you edit a KBSC it goes to Custom.

You can rename.

KBSC rename.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Changing anything will make it Custom.  The other FCP shortcuts will not have changed, only the name of the preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines