Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep location data when synching photos

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm taking a one-year trip with my service dog and we have an Instagram account (well, he has). I take photos of him with my iPhone 7 and just recently, I decided to try Adobe products to edit those photos. I'm using the Lightroom trial.

I've seen the how-to videos and so far, I like it. HOWEVER, when I posted my first Lightroom-edited photo on Instagram, the location suggestions were from where I'm currently at, instead of where the photo was taken. That doesn't work for me. How can I keep all that info?

I don't want to edit it, I don't want to see it, I don't want to know where I can find it... I actually don't want to do anything to it, and I want Lightroom to leave it alone as well. How can I do that?

The process is:

1. I take the photo with my iPhone 7.

2. I add the photo to a collection on Lightroom (on my iPhone 7).

3. I open Lightroom on my MacBook Pro and edit the photos there.

4. I download the photo from Lightroom on my iPhone 7 to my Camera Roll.

5. I post on Instagram.

How can I keep the location data untouched?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Click on the gear icon next to Share from Lightroom Mobile. There is an option to keep location data. Try that and let us know if it works. I haven't personally tried it yet, but I think it's your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Click on the gear icon next to Share from Lightroom Mobile. There is an option to keep location data. Try that and let us know if it works. I haven't personally tried it yet, but I think it's your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines