8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2017 5:37 PM by Steve Grisetti

Can't Import ANY audio formats (.m4a, .mp3, .wav, etc)

Jad6591

I am having trouble importing audio into Premier Elements 15. I have looked and most of the time when people encounter audio issues it is related to iTunes. I would like it to be known that this has absolutely nothing to with iTunes. This is with voice recorded audio from both a phone, and from my computers voice recorded program (stock program).

I am trying to add voice recorded audio to a video. The video works fine. I can import the .mp4 files with no problem, it is the recorded audio that I am trying to add that is causing issues. when I try to import it I get a "The Importer reported a generic error." The files were regularly .m4a

I have tried to convert them to .mp3, .wav, etc. Every time I get that error. In all cases the files play fine on my computer, the just wont import.

I did try to convert them to .mp4. when I did this it worked; however, I would think other formats should work too.

I am using windows 10 and have the xps15 9560 (I think off the top of my head that's the model...it has the kaby lake processor)