• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get the actual display size in canvas?

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making an element in Animate CC (html5 canvas) that will be integrated in an html5 page with WordPress.

This element contains a navigation bar. Apparently this navigation bar looks to small when displayed on mobile phones.

I can tell it to be bigger depending on the width of the window, but that's in pixels and a "normal" display in desktop browsers uses less pixels than a very small display on mobile phones. They use different DPI.

I tried to use "Capabilities.screenDPI" but Html5 Canvas doesn't seem to recognize this command.

Bottom line - How can I get the actual display size, in inches or millimeters?

Note: I am an animator, not a programmer. I'm doing this in AS3 and learning it as I go but advanced JS is beyond my skill set...

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Never mind, I figured it out....

I used: "window.devicePixelRatio".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use navigator.mimeTypes:

if(navigator.mimeTypes["application/x-shockwave-flash"]==undefined){

// it's probably a mobile

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need not only to know IF it's a mobile, but to know the size itself, so I can know by what number I should scale the navigation bar.

I'm googling so many optional expressions (screenDpiX, devicePixelRatioX, canvas.screenResolutionX and what not...) - none of them seems to give me what I need (or at least be recognized by html5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind, I figured it out....

I used: "window.devicePixelRatio".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines