Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with import rename templates - date/time

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've noticed when I try to rename my photos during import using template based on date or time it's working OK but Lr doesn't show neither filename Example within Template editor nor Sample value in File Renaming box in the import window.

As I said - renaming works OK during import only that example showing is not working.

Is it any kind of bug or am I missing something?

If the rename template doesn't contain time/date tokens it shows all fine.

Thanks

T

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

This is a known problem and was not fixed in the latest release.  This is not the only issue with the rename templates.  See the following thread with links to other issues such as tokens will insert only at the end and not at the cursor location.

Re: renaming templates

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I get is Untitled.​Extension​ or just the file name with no date/time. Bug I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known problem and was not fixed in the latest release.  This is not the only issue with the rename templates.  See the following thread with links to other issues such as tokens will insert only at the end and not at the cursor location.

Re: renaming templates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please add your me-too vote, your configuration info, and details of your issue to this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Missing example : of how filename is to be named/created in filename template editor (how... . That will make it a little more likely Adobe might prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified immediately when the status of the bug changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines