Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC 3D - Can't find Character Poses

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Im trying to render a person so I can past tattoo designs onto the skin texture, but I'm having trouble passing the body.

Ive built the character in Fuse, saved to library and I'm selecting on the skeleton like the tutorial video's say.  But when I look into my properties window I'm missing the body poses and the face icon. 

You can see in the pic bellow I've circles green where the properties are and ticked the skeleton thats selected.

Does anyone know why I'm missing the poses?

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 12.41.22.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Hi

Can you check - Preferences - Technology Previews and see that Enable 3D Animations (Preview) is checked.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you check - Preferences - Technology Previews and see that Enable 3D Animations (Preview) is checked.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave you were right on the money there, I've been searching everywhere for answers too.  In fact I was minutes away from starting to learn Cinema 4D again.  I think PS 3D will be perfect for this type of work though.

Hope this posts helps others trying to start with 3d characters.

Many Thanks

ant...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome - it is a bit of an obscure preference

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've just installed the latest version of CC and I tried the above suggestion but in my technologies preview I only have these optionsScreen Shot 2018-04-19 at 8.53.01 pm.png

I was able to use this function but now I get this message..

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 8.55.25 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this too. There is no 3D option in 2019 CC.

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 3.59.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That check box is no longer in Preferences > Technology previews as it is no longer required.

Just import the model from your library and with it selected in the 3D panel go to the properties panel for the animations.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave!

I found that too.

Now I only wish we could pull arms around and pose.

Getting facial expressions only does so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave, 

I am currently having the issue of still not seeing the character poses tab when I click on the properties panel and the skeleton pose in the 3d tab on the bottom workspace. I am also using the latest version of Photoshop 2020 and I can't seem to solve this issue. I would appreciate any help. I will include a screen shot of how I have the properties panel selected at the top with no visual on the character poses tab. Thank you. 

- kindest regards. 

Gilbert 

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 12.51.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-28 at 12.52.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I am encountering the same problem of not finding the library of animated/dynamic poses to apply to 3d characters imported into Photoshop.  I am curious if you have found a way to access the library of dynamic poses to apply to a character in PHotoshop 2020?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there are two keys points here;

1. the library animations in Photoshop are ONLY for Fuse [Mixamo] characters... if you didn't use that to rig your model then the animations will not be an option for you in Photoshop

the work around is to upload your model to Mixamo where all the same animation options are stored

Screenshot (39).png

2 for people that did use Fuse there is one step that the Adobe totorial doesn't make clear... you MUST have one of the move tools selected for the animation grid to show up in Photoshop [see images] so that you can make adjustments

wrongwrong

correctcorrect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines