2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2017 9:09 AM by carolyn@10541

Telephone link

carolyn@10541 Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to create a link in Dreamweaver CC 2017 Bootstrap so that when client click on the link, they call my cellphone. The following is what I am using and my cellphone rings, however, it asks for a passcode. I would appreciate soe assistance on this.

Thank you as always for your assistance and professionalism.

Carolyn

<h3><p align="center"><a href="tel:917-334-6385">TRADE IN YOUR PROBLEMS FOR SOLUTIONS!<br />Call 917-334-6385 TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH US NOW!</a></p></h3></div><br />
        • 1. Re: Telephone link
          BenPleysier Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Before answering your question, just a point with reference to your mark-up.  When using Bootstrap, this should look like

<h3 class="text-center"><a href="tel:+1-917-334-6385">TRADE IN YOUR PROBLEMS FOR SOLUTIONS!<br />Call 917-334-6385 TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH US NOW!</a></h3>

Notice:

• no P-element
          • class added to H3-element
          • country code for international calls

The above code is valid; it is left up to the browser to interpret its instruction. Systems without a phone app will ask how you want to open this as per

Modern mobile phones will call the number.

You could use Bootstrap's responsive utilities to show/hide elements so that you show a different content on the desktop. This is not a fool-proof method, but is an improvement.

• 2. Re: Telephone link
            carolyn@10541 Level 1

Thank you Ben.