• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I load a Captivate 8 project to SharePoint 365 - the server not the LMS?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I load a Captivate 8 project to SharePoint 365 - the server not the LMS?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

OK.  Well that's weird but not impossible for these forums.

Here is the information pasted from that other thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. Can I upload Captivate output to SharePoint – where SharePoint is being used as our intranet?

A. Yes!

While there are articles on the web about using Flash output (SWF) in SharePoint, this note assumes HTML5 output from Captivate.

1. Publish your HTML5 output from Captivate to a local folder
  2. Rename index.html to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about loading the CPTX project file to Sharepoint to backup the project file?  Or are you talking about loading the HTM/SWF or HTML5 output to Sharepoint to deliver the content to end users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am talking about loading the HTM/SWF or HTML5 output to Sharepoint to deliver the content to end users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this thread:

Using Captivate with SharePoint Online

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

unfortunately I get an unauthorized message when I attempt to access the thread

Unauthorized

Access to this community or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging out and logging in again with your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Rod,

I have logged out and back in and still get the message

Access to this community or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Well that's weird but not impossible for these forums.

Here is the information pasted from that other thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. Can I upload Captivate output to SharePoint – where SharePoint is being used as our intranet?

A. Yes!

While there are articles on the web about using Flash output (SWF) in SharePoint, this note assumes HTML5 output from Captivate.

1. Publish your HTML5 output from Captivate to a local folder
  2. Rename index.html to something like project_name.aspx (make sure you are editing the extension – so you don’t get project_name.apsx.html) – We are doing this so that SharePoint(and the IIS web server) will know this is content to display – a web page, not a text file to open like a word document.
  3. Open the top level folder in windows explorer (we will copy the web page and supporting folders form this in a moment)
  4. In the destination document library in SharePoint create a folder for this project (see the File Tab on the ribbon for the new folder tool)
  5. Open the new folder
  6. From the ribbon in SharePoint select Files Tab and then Explorer view
  7. Copy all the content including sub folders from the local folder to the SharePoint explorer window
  8. Then you can link to the project_name.aspx file from a SharePoint web or wiki page
  9. Tested on SharePoint 2013 – should work on SharePoint 2010

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - this does the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did these steps work for anyone?  When I follow them and then click on the newly titled index file (title.aspx) I just get a spinning window, but the content never opens.  I was under the impression that was because SharePoint only looks at individual files, not files included in a folder, which is what the index file does....or do I have this misunderstood?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, I am getting a spinning window too. Can someone assist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a work-around for SharePoint Online (part of Office 365) in the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem with the spinning wheel. Any ideas why the content loads but doesn't display?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can change the index.html file type. I believe you would need to link to or reference the index.html, because of the javascript and jquery in the "assets" folder that is create when the HTML5 content is rendered. All of the HTML5 content needs to be hosted in the same folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SharePoint Online (cloud-based) is not the same as SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2010 (server-based).  I was able to upload my published captivate files into 2010 and 2013.  Since we moved to SharePoint Online (as part of Office 365) and are no longer using SharePoint server, my files do not open in a browser but open the download file dialog.  I cannot run my training courses in our SharePoint environment any longer.

Has anyone found a work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources