• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 11 - How do you remove a bounding box?

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how I can remove bounding boxes from my layers on Elements 11 on a MAC?  All of the bounding boxes on my layers are showing on the final product and it's driving me crazy.  Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bounding box should disappear when clicking the green checkmark e.g. when transforming, scaling, re-sizing etc. If the move tool is selected try switching to another tool e.g. click on the hand tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the taking the time to reply.  I'm probably making a total rookie mistake as it's my first time.   I tried your suggestion but it didn't work.  I still see the bounding box outlines in my background. fb cover esp_edited-3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a layer mask? For example I used the lasso tool to outline the head of the guy on the far left and then pressed Ctrl+J to copy the selection to a new layer. I then dragged with the move tool to position it over the guy in the center – click image below.

Holding down the alt key and clicking to add a layer mask blocks out everything with a black mask. Selecting the brush tool and with the foreground color set to white, I simply brushed over the head to reveal just the face and hat ignoring the outline of the original selection.

You could use the same method for each layer.

Team.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

morgand4513094  wrote

Thank you for the taking the time to reply.  I'm probably making a total rookie mistake as it's my first time.   I tried your suggestion but it didn't work.  I still see the bounding box outlines in my background.

You have invested a lot of time on this and it can be salvaged. Fortunately most of the background distractions are linear, and this facilitates correction.

Since you are new to this software, note that the brush cursor size can be increased and decreased with the keyboard bracket keys (] & [) next to the letter P. Also, note that when using the  brush tool, click on a start point, press SHIFT, and click an end point. This will produce a straight line.

Try this:

1. Open the picture file
  2. Open a blank layer above this
  3. Activate the eye dropper tool and sample the black background. This will be your foreground color.
  4. Working on the blank layer, using the technique delineated above, get rid of the straight lines (you refer to them as "bounding box"). Change the size of the brush cursor as needed. This will require several separate corrections. Some areas are best corrected with gentle free-hand painting with the brush tool.
  5. In a couple of spots an area of grass has to be corrected. Sample with the eye dropper and correct. Again do the same on a couple of areas over the boys' skin.

group_2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you viewing your image at 100% view (actual pixels)?

View>Actual Pixels

Or if you click on the top layer in the layers panel and then

press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+E (windows) or Shift+Cmd+Option+E (mac)

to merge all layers into a new layer, do the lines go away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can convert each layer into a smart object and then copy/paste the smart object to your background. The bounding box will no longer be present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ashishs74391763  wrote

You can convert each layer into a smart object and then copy/paste the smart object to your background. The bounding box will no longer be present.

How do you do that in Elements 11 without any externa add-ons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines