4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2017 9:34 AM by erict33143189

missing export window to photoshop

erict33143189 Level 1

Hi all,

when I right click on a picture on Lightroom to export it to photoshop I don't get the window with the 3 choices, one being "open a copy with lightroom modification", and when I come back to LR from PS the modified image is not in the catalog.

I tried to find how to get this window back but didn't find the configuration to set-up neither in LR nor PS.

Help would be really apreciated.

Best regards

Lightroom CC 2015.9

Camera Raw CC 9.9

Photoshop CC 2015.5.1

• 1. Re: missing export window to photoshop
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are editing raw files then it isn't necessary to choose between the three choices. Your Lightroom and Camera Raw are current, so Lightroom just sends the raw data to Photoshop. Camera Raw converts it during the transfer. Make sure you use the "Save" option in Photoshop. Do not use "Save As". Try changing your sort order to "File name". Then the image returned from Photoshop should appear next to the original raw file.

• 2. Re: missing export window to photoshop
            erict33143189 Level 1

Hello JimHess.

Thanks for your answer.

I tried your proposals: right click on picture under lightroom, send it to PS, perform some modifications, and save picture. Close PS and get back to LR.

Picture is not here, even with the sort by name.

I checked in PS and can see the modified picture under recent files. The name is date-imagename.tiff in the same folder. And I'm still unable to get it back to LR even if I try to import it as LR says that the picture is already imported...

What am I missing ?

• 3. Re: missing export window to photoshop
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Change one of your metadata filter columns to File Type. Then you should see the TIF image listed. Click on TIF to activate the filter to verify that Image is there.

Capture.JPG

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: missing export window to photoshop
                erict33143189 Level 1

How would I say ? Huuuuuuuurraaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Many thanks for your answers to solve this issue. A filter I wasn't aware of ....

Regards