3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2017 11:22 AM by Betude

On import CR2 look changes

Betude Level 1

I shoot with a flat profile for my still and on import Adobe Lightroom changes the look of my photo. Adds much more contrast than what the original looks like when shot. Is there a way to change this?

See the before and after photos.

Thanks,
      Brian Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 10.25.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 10.25.58 AM.png

• 1. Re: On import CR2 look changes
          joefry99 Adobe Community Professional

I'm not sure what actions have taken place between your before and after pictures here, but my first suspicion is to double-check the film profile being applied under Camera Calibration to see if that might be causing the discrepancy.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: On import CR2 look changes
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It doesn't matter what profile you use to take the image. With Lightroom, there are default settings that are applied  every time you import new images. If you want a flat profile look then you need to modify a newly imported image so that it looks the way you want it to look on import. Then create new camera defaults using those settings.

Lightroom does not read camera-selected profiles. You can choose from different profiles in the Calibration  section.

• 3. Re: On import CR2 look changes
              Betude Level 1

I see, I didn't know this. Thanks for the heads up. I'll try and create a camera default that matches.