• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC not responding on import. GPU already disabled

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a ton of issues lately, now it is at the point of unusable. I have a great deal of time and effort invested in Lightroom/Photoshop but tbh the problems have become way to frequent. every update there are issues. . I'm using a Dell 13" i 5378 all drivers are updated, gpu is disabled all files being stored on outboard drives . If I can't resolve this i will be switching software platforms i have deadlines due for publication this  week and editing on LR mobile is not an option

Processor

Intel Core i5-7200U 2.50 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.10 GHz

Memory

8GB DDR4 2400 MHz

Hard drive size

1TB 5400 RPM HDD

Operating system

Windows 10 Home, 64-bit

PC type

2 in 1

Optical drive

None

Media drive

SD card reader

Audio

Waves MaxxAudio Pro

Video

Intel HD Graphics 620 with shared graphics memory

Ports

2 USB 3.0 • 1 USB 2.0 • 1 HDMI • Headphone output/Microphone input combo

Battery

3-cell 42WHr*

Camera

Integrated webcam

Wireless

802.11ac (Miracast enabled)

Bluetooth

Bluetooth 4.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eddiesmithphoto,

Could you please take a look at this linked article Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ and let us know if the steps mentioned help.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks i did all that, the computer is at this point less than 5 months old. all drivers are up to date, GPU disabled. booted ok wouldnt import just blanked and stopped responding.

it's not the most sophisticated computer but there is no reason it should not have support  at this point. If a resolution cannot be found I will be leaving adobe after more than a decade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll ensure your issue is dealt with priority and resolved as soon as possible. May I know the source of import? Is it a camera card or external drive? Have you tried importing from desktop instead after removing all external devices from your PC?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import from built in SD card , it goes to an external 4tb driv, all my photos are on external drives and backed up on same. Nothing is imported to or on built in drive

I can transfer files and try importing as soon as I'm back to that unit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I am waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copied the files to a folder on my desktop from two cards i now am a week late processing files for (and have likely lost future work with the magazine ) still wont import , try and select c to import from to the drive everything els is on (and have disconnecxted all other drives) , this is only last update this really started with. I cant even just add the folder from the drive (which is a horrible solution for almost anyone given most people will be running smaller SSD drives and using external for data)

Next suggestion please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using external drivers with Lightroom is perfectly fine.

Could you please post the Lightroom Help>>System info report here?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

as i mentioned previously they did not help. I have at this point uninstalled and re-installed and started the catalogue over from scratch. 129k photos you could understand why i did not want to do this. I am able to work though since previews aren't built it takes me almost 15 minutes before i can get started while it loads. All i can think is the catalog file was somehow corrupted because though tediously slow i can do the work eventually (and i am ordering a new desktop that will be faster to be my main unit and the laptop will revert to travel)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines