• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to Upgrade

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying valiently to upgrade from LR 3.6 to 5.7.1 which I downloaded on a trial basis onto my computer.  The trial period is over and I now want to purchase it.  When I click on the "Buy" tab, it takes me to the Creative Cloud option which I do not want to buy.  I have no need for Photoshop.  5.7.1 is already on my computer, I just want to pay for it and they don't want to let me....Can anyone help.  Maybe it's not available anymore and I have to go with the Creative Cloud option which is way too much software for what I utilize....

Thanks so much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't sell Lightroom 5.7.1  anymore. It is out of date older software that is no longer supported by Adobe. It is no longer being updated. The only way you will be able to purchase a copy of Lightroom 5 is if you can find a third-party source such as Amazon or  B&H photo or some other source. The reason Lightroom 5.7.1 is still available is for those users who have purchased a license for the software previously, and need to reinstall for some reason. They already have a valid serial number for the version. Your other two options would be to purchase Lightroom 6 as a standalone program, or subscribe to the Creative Cloud Photography Plan which costs $9.99/month in the US.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim.  I figured that it may be something like that.  Now trying to buy the LR 6 standalone without the Creative Cloud.  Im on the Adobe site and when I click on the LR option is takes me to Creative Cloud.  Where am I going wrong with this.  If I click Buy the checkout tells me I'm buying Creative Cloud....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the following webpage and locate Lightroom which is near the bottom. You will see a price of $150. Click on Buy and indicate that you want to purchase an upgrade. Indicate the version that you have and the price will change to $79. Follow the prompts and you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to download and install Lightroom 6.

Software & Services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's also the steps in this Adobe article. Much the same as what Jim outlined above

Download and install Lightroom 6 (Single App license)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines