• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy/paste text from PDF displays gibberish in Word

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save pdf documents from the web and then try to copy sections of the text from them into Microsoft Word documents, most of the time but not always the pasted text is unusable because all of the characters are distorted into unusable font. If I copy and paste directly from the same pdf document from the web without saving it, I don't have any problem. As a result, I cannot effectively use pdf documents saved from the web and have to go back on line to find these documents if I want to copy text from them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi garyp3496468,

This issue seems to be the font related.

If the fonts of PDF don't have Unicode tables and do not use standard encoding for mapping the glyph indices to characters then you get garbage characters during copy/paste.

Also, there is a possibility the fonts used to create the PDF file are not available on your system.

Please try to embed fonts using the PDF fixups under profiles in the Preflight tool.

Refer the steps provided in this help link: Reembedding Fonts in a PDF

Let us know if you if that helps you.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

meenakshin83966505  wrote

Please try to embed fonts using the PDF fixups under profiles in the Preflight tool.

Refer the steps provided in this help link: Reembedding Fonts in a PDF

Regards,

Meenakshi

Which is only available in the full, paid-for version of Acrobat and not the free Acrobat Reader...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try selecting the text, right-clicking it, and choosing "copy with formatting". This works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines