• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a sequence according to the media creation dates/times?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I searched that but couldn't find an easy way to that.

Ok, what I want to do is: I have videos from gopro (which will be the base for my end product) and also videos + photos from Nikon d800.

I want to create a sequence with all of them in the correct shooting times and also with the empty gaps.

The sequence should start with the first shot and the gaps between different medias are welcome,  but the all media should be placed in the sequence timeline in correct position according to its creation moment. I dont want them to be placed directly after one another.

Is that possible? How can I do such a syncronisation in Premiere Pro CC?  What would be your ways of solving this problem?

I know how to sort files ( Re: Ordering Media By Date (Date Initial Footage Was Filmed)  )  but placing them with gaps is my main problem.

Your comments are welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no automatic way to do what you want here.  You will have to do the work manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see, although "sync with sound" is a good way for videos with sound (when it works), syncing with file creation date would be a million times better solution for users in general who sync their camera clocks. And it would also work with photographs too. The only thing they should care should be using different video/audio layers automatically for different camera sources.

Technically it should be easier for Adobe to develop such an option too. I truly don't understand why they have not offered such an option yet.

It would make all the documentary story telling so much easier.

Adobe Send Ideas​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines