1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 11, 2008 1:57 AM by RoboColum(n)

Glossary Hotspot Wizard problems

LMcNeil
      I am trying to use the Glossary Hotspot Wizard in my current project. When running the wizard, I am choosing to Automatically add definitions for all topics, choosing All Folders with Any Status, I am not make it case-sensitive or define the first occurrence only. I select my glossary (the only one I have set up) and choose all of my terms in the glossary. Then I run the wizard, and after a few minutes I get a pop-up that says "One or more of the following files could not be checked out. These files must be checked out to continue. Would you like to cancel the wizard?" If I select yes, I can't create the glossary hotspots. If I select no, it gives me the pop up again with a different file. This could potentially happen to hundreds of topics. What am I doing wrong? I don't have to manually check out every file in my project, do I?
        • 1. Re: Glossary Hotspot Wizard problems
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi LMcNeil and welcome to the RH community.

This sounds like you are using some sort of source control application integrated with RH. Maybe RoboSource Control? If so, yes you do have to have all your files checked out. This is because the glossary wizard updates all the files (it adds an expanding text) where it finds a match for a glossary term.