3 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2017 11:44 PM by meenakshin83966505

When signing, graphic is not transparent...

seanmcgu Level 1

Hello,

In Adobe Acrobat (any version after 6), when I sign a document, the background of my signature is transparent (it was created as a .gif). When I try to sign using Acrobat Reader DC (v2015.023.20070), though, that same transparent background turns White. How can I sign it so that the background remains transparent?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: When signing, graphic is not transparent...
          meenakshin83966505 Adobe Employee

Hi seanmcgu,

I have tried to add the signature using "Image" option under Fill & Sign tool in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

The background of the signature added was transparent.

Could you please let us know the exact steps you do to add the signature in the file.

It will be helpful if you can share the screenshot of the signature added in Adobe Acrobat and in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Regards,

Meenakshi

• 2. Re: When signing, graphic is not transparent...
            seanmcgu Level 1

Hi, Meenakshi

Our Document Control department sends out PDFs with the signature blocks already input for us:

Signature transparency problem-a.png

All we have to do to sign is left-click on it, sign and save, and then close it. The graphic that is imported is initially setup from "Edit/Preferences/Signatures/Creation & Appearance", then under "Appearances", click "New". Once that is set up, it will always pull the correct image file but in Acrobat Reader DC, the same image doesn't come in with a transparent background:

Signature transparency problem-b.png

Thank you.

• 3. Re: When signing, graphic is not transparent...
              meenakshin83966505 Adobe Employee

Hi seanmcgu,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please try repairing the application and make sure that the application is updated to the latest patch relaeased.

Open the application and go to Help menu > Repair installation and Check for updates.

Now check if you still experience the same issue.

If the issue still persists, let us know the exact steps how you have created the digital signature.

Is it an issue on a particular system or PDF?

What is the dot version OS version installed on your system?

Regards,

Meenakshi