• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2017 Crashes On Startup

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, when I launch my up to date DW CC 2017 (March 2017), I have experienced a new crash behavior.

1. Launch DW

2. Program Launches (can see credits panel)

3. Within about five seconds of launch, everything turns white, then the program completely crashes.

Repeatable. I have not experienced this before. Dreamweaver will no longer run on my Win7 64 computer with 32GB RAM.

How can I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

I will try to reinstall VC++ - this is actually a clean install of Windows 7 Pro, and is up to date with Windows Updates.

Regardless, it starts up today after a reboot.

Very disappointed with this release in general. I have been with Dreamweaver since inception.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does your Windows Event Viewer say is causing DW to crash?

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem. Just started today after update. While the app opens, as soon as I try to open nearly any HTML file, the app crashes. Never a problem until this latest update. Gotta get this straightened out quickly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same answer as above.  What does your Windows Event Viewer say is causing DW to crash?

Have you tried to Restore Preferences yet?

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver-cs6-cc.html

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I actually just fixed it. the crash was happening whenever I had code view open. After restoring preferences, I went into the preferences menu and changed the the code view font to consolas (it was set to courier new) and miraculously everything stated working again. So I guess that doesn't help the OP, but at least it resolved my issue. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it was a bad or corrupted system font that was causing your problems.   That's good information.

A while back, a Windows security update corrupted my monotype fonts including Courier.  Ultimately, I reinstalled the font and had no further problems.  Stuff happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be.  To be fair, the font was fine everywhere else and in every other application, just for some reason there was a conflict here.  At any rate, all is well.  indeed, stuff does happen.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several errors, not very helpful. From the System and Application logs:

1. The following fatal alert was received: 40.

2. .NET Runtime version 4.0.30319.0 - There was a failure initializing profiling API attach infrastructure.  This process will not allow a profiler to attach.  HRESULT: 0x80004005.  Process ID (decimal): 7684.  Message ID: [0x2509].

3. Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's a Windows system error related to Visual C++.  Do you have the very latest updates for your Windows operating system?  If so, you may need to install the direct download below from MS.

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to reinstall VC++ - this is actually a clean install of Windows 7 Pro, and is up to date with Windows Updates.

Very disappointed with this release in general. I have been with Dreamweaver since inception.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hpinson  wrote

Glad you got it sorted.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines