• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use Lightroom web offline?

Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible to use Lightroom Web off line, like you can with Lightroom Mobile.
I'm looking into buying a Microsoft Surface Pro, but you can not use it with LR Mobile. That isn't much of a problem because LR Web seems to offer more functionality. However, I'm not sure if it is possible to use it when you don't have an internet connection.

Also, can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the amount of photo's which you can use in a nice way with a gallery? I'm a wedding photographer and was thinking about using web of mobile gallery's with 300 - 900 photo's each time, but I don't know if that would allow me to work  as well as I'm used to on my desktop.

I've used my trial on CC a few months ago and didn't check on these things, so I don't know what to expect 😉

I hope you can help me.

[Moved from non-technical Lounge Forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud status check 30-or-99 days https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1549838

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

It isn't about the cloud status check, but about editing photo's in a gallery which is synced with my desktop like on this link Get started with Lightroom on the web |  I said Gallery, but I did mean to say collection.
I sometimes want to be able to edit photo's when I'm not at my office where my catalog's are, but just on a mobile device while being out of the door. LR mobile offers that, and so does LR web. However if I'm buying a Windows Surface tablet, I will not be able to use LR mobile. So the question is if I could use LR web. It seems logical you need an internet connection to get your previews, but can you like with LR mobile then go offline and still be able to edit in LR web. I'm not talking about LR as a program on your device, but the web browser version of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not possible. Lightroom on the Web is a web site - so if you're offline, you can't use it.

With the Surface, you'll need to use real Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible to open a collection on an other computer (for instance the surface) to edit it in real Lightroom to sync it with my original gallery, in the same way I would when using mobile when working offline?
So that would make it possible to work offline on a laptop or surface without the need of the gallery and still being able to sync the edits later on when I got a internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines