8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2017 1:56 AM by davescm

Stroke Path Command Detail

johnl89878216

I am working in CS6.  I am using the "Stroke Path" Command in the Path menu to apply a brush preset along a path, in this case a brush of some hairy texture which I created.  I am trying to figure out how to set up the command preferences so that my brush, the hairs remain perpendicular to the base path through all of it's curves and changes.  A more specific example.  Imagine a circular path to which I am trying to apply the brush preset.  As of now, the result I am getting is the brush preset orientation remaining fixed throughout the course of the path.  The consequence is, if hairs are perpendicular at 12 noon, they are on their sides at 3 and 6 o'clock.  What I want is for the hairs to remain perpendicular to the circle for the entire course, resulting in what appears to be a circular object with hair growing out from center on all angles.  How can I adjust the brush preset to make this happen?  I feel pretty confident that this is just a setting which I have yet to find.  This is such a wonderful and well developed tool that I find it hard to imagine that this ability was not included.  Thanks in advance for any and all help. John.