• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Contact Sheet with Video files: Change Thumbnails

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When making a contact sheet with Video files, is there a way to change the frame that it uses for the thumbnail? It seems to default to the first frame, is there a way I can tell it to use the last frame of a mid frame? Or even a way to tell it not to use a frame that is all one color. I have a bunch of stock footage and some of it starts off on a blank white frame, so the thumbnails are blank white.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

I think you are right.

But when one creates a pdf from Bridge’s Output Module that seems to honour mov-files’ Poster Frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the still frame/thumbnail/poster frame/… is a feature of the file.

Maybe you should ask on one of the video-cantered program Fora for advice on changing that.

Or maybe this is helpful

How to Change the Thumbnail for Video in Windows Media Player | Techwalla.com

Can I change the thumbnail image associated wit... |Official Apple Support Communities

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating Custom Video Thumbnails using Dynamic Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the file thumbnails doesn't effect Photoshop's Contact sheets. I believe this is because they just default to the first frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are right.

But when one creates a pdf from Bridge’s Output Module that seems to honour mov-files’ Poster Frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The normal Bridge Contact Sheet II system just redirects to Photoshop. I didnt realize Bridge could create a PDF. Is it essential the same as making a contact sheet? How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to install the Output Module manually but it may offer some convenience over Photoshop’s Contact Sheet II.

How to install Adobe Output Module in Bridge CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind I figured out a solution:

I installed the Adobe Output Module for Bridge.
That will exports the thumbnails the way they look in Bridge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mike@m2c  wrote

When making a contact sheet with Video files,

Is this a Photoshop feature?  Can you describe how to find it?  OK, I found it.  Bridge > Tools > Photoshop > Contact Sheet II

Well I tried it twice, the second time after changing the preview frame in Bridge, but it still reverted to the first frame when making the Contact Sheet, so I have a feeling it is not easily doable — but before reading your post, I didn't even know CS worked with video files.

So it is going to come down to grabbing the relevant still frame from each video, and saving them to a folder from which you can build your contact sheet.  Brian O'Neil Hughs shows you two ways to do this in this video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines