Supply pertinent information for quicker answers
- The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
- Adobe product and version number
- Operating system and version number
- The full text of any error message(s)
- What you were doing when the problem occurred
- Screenshots of the problem
- Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
Hi, i have the same problem.
I use Photoshop on my Surface Pro 4 (bought in January 2016). For a few weeks/months now, when i launch Photoshop 2017, the laptop overheats, the fans are going nuts, etc.
The program doesn't usually crash or freeze, so no error message.
To answer your questions :
- I have Photoshop 2017.1.1
- Subscription to Creative Cloud active for 2 or 3 years.
- Windows 10 Creators Update, 64 bits (1703 build 15063.296, not Insider)
- Surface Pro 4, intel Core i5-6300U CPU, 8Go of RAM
- I'm loggued in with a MS Account and the computer is linked to my Azure Active Directory at work.
When i launch Photoshop, it takes between 15 to 25 sec to boot Photoshop up to the new welcome screen (with recent files, CC files, Open & New option). This is not the problem here.
But when i'm on this screen, the program uses at minimun 650Mo of RAM memory and the fans & heats are burning the computer.
And when i launch a new image (blank 600*400 px), it rises to 900Mo/1Go of RAM.
The processor is at a normal rate. High during launch (between 25 & 55%) but goes back down to 0/1/2% after.
Is it the normal behavior of Photoshop, please ?
Thanks for your help.
Have a nice day.