• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstalling CS5.5 Master Collection Upgrade. Network error encountered.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm installing Adobe CS5.5 Master Collection onto a brand new iMac for 2017. I no longer use the one it was previously installed on.

The last time I ran this process in 2012, I had to Command Shift and double click in an empty gray area which opened up a section that showed me a challenge code.
At that time, I contacted Adobe support via chat, and received a support code that allowed me to reinstall the upgrade.

When I did that this time, using the help of Adobe chat, after I entered in the support code, I was asked to enter my Adobe login.
Once I did that, I received "Network Error. Please try again later."
I contacted Adobe technical support via chat and was told that the network error is because Adobe no longer offers support, and that I should use this forum to contact Adobe about what steps to take next for this reinstallation.

I should note that I cannot recall the previous Adobe product serial number I was upgrading from, which is why I went through the process in 2012 successfully.  I have owned Adobe products back to Adobe Premiere 5.0, 6.0, and 6.5 dating back 16+ years.

I'd love to hear some suggestions on what steps to take next.  Thanks!  -David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Jeff and John,

For reference for future users, I was able to successfully reinstall CS5.5
It took 5 conversations with chat support before one particular agent was able to provide the 6 digit support code I needed.

First, to deal with the installation errors I received, I made it easier on myself, and took the steps needed to downgrade my operating system to OS X Mountain Lion 10.8  (Installed it on a flash drive, wiped main drive, installed it on main drive).  Then I ran the CS5.5 install file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an open forum, not Adobe support, and no other user can help with a serial number issue

Lost information - see reply #1 in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2008767

When you install an upgrade version you MUST have your previous serial number

Beyond that, CS5.5 is going to have problems installing at all

For Sierra 10.12.4 it MAY be impossible to install or use CS6 and earlier

-due to case sensitive drive formatting https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2296860

CS6 and earlier programs have not been tested and will not be updated for Mac El Capitan/Sierra

-which means that you try to use CS6 and earlier at YOUR risk of having problems due to Apple updates

-Adobe fix to Apple's problem https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

-install OLD Java runtime if needed https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?locale=en_US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, it appears that our support team attempted to assist you but you are running into an unexpected error which seems to be preventing the software from activating.  I would recommend reviewing the steps listed in Resolve connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications to resolve the connection error that is preventing Master Collection CS5.5 from activating over the Internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff and John,

For reference for future users, I was able to successfully reinstall CS5.5
It took 5 conversations with chat support before one particular agent was able to provide the 6 digit support code I needed.

First, to deal with the installation errors I received, I made it easier on myself, and took the steps needed to downgrade my operating system to OS X Mountain Lion 10.8  (Installed it on a flash drive, wiped main drive, installed it on main drive).  Then I ran the CS5.5 install file.  When I got to the step of providing the previous serial number to allow me to use my old upgrade version again, I triggered the support code window and opened Adobe chat support. 

Triggering the support code window during the install was done by hitting Command Shift and clicking twice in an empty gray area on the screen where I was asked for an old serial code.  Then I gave my 6 digit challenge code to adobe chat.  They gave me a 6 digit support code.  I typed it in, and finished the reinstallation successfully. 

A little convoluted, but it is possible in 2017 to get CS5.5 reinstalled and working perfectly.
Hope this helps a future user. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update David.  It sounds like you were taken through the unlocking process to allow your serial number to install.  This is a time sensitive procedure so I am very happy that this was accomplished successfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines