• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo shop CS6 will not open. I get a message that says preference file was invalid(it has been deleted). I have tried the control/shift/alt to reset the prefernences. Not working. Can anyone help me???

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get photoshop CS6 to open. I keep getting "preference file was invalid(it has been deleted). I have tried to reset the preferences by control/shift/alt to no avail.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

I assume you're on Windows. Please navigate to the location: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS56 and then rename the Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 Settings to Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 Settings.OLD folder. Make sure you have sufficient privileges to that folder. Right click on Roaming\Adobe folder and then choose Properties\Security tab. Select your username and apply full control to it.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume you're on Windows. Please navigate to the location: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS56 and then rename the Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 Settings to Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 Settings.OLD folder. Make sure you have sufficient privileges to that folder. Right click on Roaming\Adobe folder and then choose Properties\Security tab. Select your username and apply full control to it.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines