Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot deploy Reader 11 or DC due to error 1934

Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new domain with brand new Windows 7 Pro 64bit PCs on it. Everything has been deployed except Reader. I have a license to distribute it, but am unable to do so. I get as far as creating the AIP but upon running "msiexec /a AcroRead.msi" and selecting the AIP folder, I get "Error 1934 - This is sencond transfer failure". This happens on Reader 10, 11, and DC. I cannot find any information on error 1934 and Google throws 1935 results at me instead. What does this incorrectly phrased and misspelled error mean? I cannot fix it because it tells me nothing. As a programmer it looks like something thrown in by a programmer to debug a specific case. Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi The_Great_Sephiroth,

Since you are using the Windows installer, here is a blog on Windows Installer Errors-Windows Installer Error Messages (Windows)

where error 1934 is described as- User installations are disabled through policy on the machine.

You may refer to the- Windows cmd line and msiexec — Enterprise Administration Guide to gather the more information on installtion failure, using the command line metion below- 

Command line- msiexec /i <path\AcroPro.msi> TRANSFORMS="AcroPro.mst" /qb /L*v c:\acrobat.log

Let us know the update on the same.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct, GPO prohibits user installs, but that isn't what the error said. Had it said that, I would have known right where to go. However, I am not trying to do a user install and as far as I know, Reader installs for the machine. Is this incorrect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling the GPO for this system allowed me to get farther, but now I am stuck with a new issue. I created that administrative install point, backed it up, and am trying to patch it. When running the patch (msiexec C:\Reader\AIP\AcroRead.msi /p C:\Reader\AIP\AcroRdrUpd201500630280_MUI.msp) I get "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch." So again, confused. Followed the guide but this is more difficult than rolling out MS Office, LibreOffice, Firefox, or almost anything else. This process is why we used Foxit PDF for years. You download the MSI, customize it, and deploy it. Patches can be applied via GPO, no need for all this stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution to this? Can we no longer upgrade an install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I apologize for the delay in response to your message.

You may refer to the AIP troubleshooting- Administrative Installation Points — Enterprise Administration Guide

Also, Windows cmd line and msiexec — Enterprise Administration Guide

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines