Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Drop Shadows To After Effects Templates

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this is a bit hard to explain.

Lately I have been downloading quite a few kinetic typography templates from MotionArray, and for the most part, they have been awesome. However. Some of them have a colour comp where you can change around 3 primary colours eg. Text 1, Text 2, Background.

That's all good, but when i go to add a drop shadow, no matter what colour I make the shadow, its comes out the same colour as the text colour control.

How can I make a drop shadow that is not bound to the same colour as the text. I hope I'm explaining that right. I am trying to use the layer styles drop shadow. Please let me know if you need any screenshots/info on my end.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my guess is that you are applying the drop shadow one render step before the color fill control. the result is that the fill colors the drop shadow as well. we need to examine the setup you got there to see how you can add the drop shadow after the fill and not before.

we need more information: show us a screenshot of the text layer in question, press UU so we can see all the modified properties for that layer. make sure the timeline is fully visible and we can see all the layers. since this is a template make sure the master shy switch is off so we can see all there is to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, here are some screenshots of the layers/set up you asked for. Still having trouble with itScreen Shot 2017-04-03 at 9.15.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-03 at 9.16.08 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-03 at 9.16.20 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use the layer style.  Apply the Drop Shadow effect.  Satisfaction ensues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dave,

I gave that a go but the drop shadow is still white 😮

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the change to white may be occurring in a nested comp, which could get messy depending on the complexity of the template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, that's what Im thinking too, any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are adding the fill on top of the drop shadow and that's why the drop shadow is white. you should add the drop shadow after the fill and not before. we can't be sure what setup you got there exactly but follow these render order principles and you will get there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KyleL,

We didn't hear back from you. What was it that solved your issue? Or did you still need help?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Open After Effects Template: Open the After Effects template you want to work with to add drop shadows.

2. Select the Layer: Identify the layer to which you want to apply a drop shadow effect.

3. Access Layer Styles: Locate the "Layer Styles" option. In After Effects, this is usually found in the "Effects & Presets" panel.

4. Apply Drop Shadow: Drag and drop the "Drop Shadow" effect onto the selected layer. Adjust settings such as opacity, distance, and angle to achieve the desired shadow effect.

5. Fine-Tune Settings: Explore additional settings within the "Drop Shadow" effect to fine-tune the appearance. This may include tweaking the softness or size of the shadow.

6. Preview and Adjust: Preview the animation to see how the drop shadow interacts with the motion. Make any necessary adjustments for optimal visual impact.

7. Save and Export: Save your project, and when satisfied with the result, export your After Effects composition to the desired format.

In a similar manner, staying informed about lottery outcomes is vital for lottery enthusiasts. For PCSO lotto result updates:

1. Visit PCSO Official Website: Access the official PCSO website to find the latest lotto results.

2. Check Authorized Outlets: Visit authorized PCSO outlets, where result updates are often posted.

3. Use Mobile Apps: Utilize mobile apps designed for PCSO lotto results for convenient access on-the-go.

4. Watch Official Draw Broadcasts: Tune in to official PCSO draw broadcasts for real-time result announcements.

5. Verify Winning Numbers: Cross-check the winning numbers with your ticket to determine if you are a winner.

Regularly following PCSO lotto result updates ensures you stay informed and potentially celebrate your lottery success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines