Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index panel will not allow Symbol entry

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC CC17 and CC14 (ID6 is okay)

In CC17, importing a Word document with Index Markers that include entries that begin with a number crashes (Symbol Entry).

I created a new document, add an entry and the Index Panel populates with A-Z topics. When I try to add an entry beginning with a number, the Index Panel will not include the Symbol topic, and it crashes. When I tried this in CC14, it does the same thing, will not allow the Symbol topic, it crashes. I opened ID6 and it's fine. A co-worker tried it on their PC and the Word file imported fine, they can also create a new document and add a Symbol entry.

The interesting thing is I can open the file my co-worker created and it is okay, the Index Panel populates properly and I can add an index entry in that file with a Symbol. I can also open a previous job file created on my PC and it too will populate the Index Panel with Symbol and A-Z, and I can add without crashing.

So it is making a new Indesign file, in CC17 or CC14, try to import a Word document with Symbol Index Entries or add a Symbol Index Entry in CC## and it crashes.

Has anyone had this happen? The cure?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?