1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 31, 2017 7:49 PM by JJMack

Making one image a smart object with another Gif layer on it.

diggdug39

Hello everyone,

I am trying to decide the best way to go about this quandary. I am making an ad to be sent to a creative team at a local classifieds and I am not sure if I should make the printer a smart object with the Gif layer so that the printer will be a vector or if I should make them into a smart object separately. Will the gif layer look pixelated if I don't make the separately and just combine it with the printer as a smart object or will it be fine? I am going to take this image and add text to it by the way.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Brian

• 1. Re: Making one image a smart object with another Gif layer on it.
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

As far as I not there is no layer type GIF.   Gif Files are color mapped file with a maximum of 256 mapped colors.  A document can only be edit in one mode at a time.  I do not believe you would want to reduce your image documents to only have 256 mapped colors.

A print lab should state what the want from you.  Most want  an 8Bit RGB color image. For publication they may want a CMYK image.