• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running "Make Comp Size" using Extendscript

Participant ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to run the equivalent of "Make Comp Size", an option you find on Solid layers under Layer>Solid Settings, either using executecommand ids (unfortunately, I can't find one for this) or Extendscript. Unfortunately, AVLayer.width and height are read only, and I can only access the layer's scale. Is there any way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Nevermind. I just realized what Make Comp Size really does and the answer's very simple. It just changes the layer's SOURCE'S width and height. Ignore me

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, I've seen that. I didn't see a command for Make Comp Size. The closest I'm finding is Fit to Comp, which does nothing to position info. so the layer's position, anchor point, and any effects with position / center point info on it are left out of position. It also just scales the layer to fit the comp. So if the layer is larger than the comp with its scale is 100%, and I run Fit to Comp, the scale will be set to less than 100%. Meanwhile, if I perform Make Comp Size on the same layer, anchor point / effects positions are all updated to maintain the proper position, and while the layer is smaller, the scale is still 100%. Is that making sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind. I just realized what Make Comp Size really does and the answer's very simple. It just changes the layer's SOURCE'S width and height. Ignore me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines