• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I recover CS5 files that now produce cannot open message?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Book was designed in CS5 in Windows 7 environment. Successfully printed from the files so generated. Then I archived the files on a DVD. Now cannot open them. Same CS5 has been installed on Windows 10-64 Pro. A second printing will have to use somehow recovered files or design the book all over from OCR extracted text and artist originals. ID insists it cannot open any of the chapters, though they show up as being InDesign.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ID insists it cannot open any of the chapters, though they show up as being InDesign.

Could you show us a screen capture of the error dialog? Can you successfully copy the InDesign files off the DVD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rob, thanks for taking an interest. Yes, I can copy the files off the DVD, but I don't think there's any help in doing so. I used a file exploring utility since posting my problem and find that the files are solid zeroes, no data. So I've started rebuilding the book from original art work and scanned text. Not really any slower than doing the original work. Sigh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines