3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2017 10:42 AM by maria__

Flash Player install fails on OS X 10.11

miraculator

Firefox required me to update Flash Player to version 25.0.0.127 (I had 23.0.0.185). I downloaded the installer, ran it, it downloaded the new version, began installing, then told me "Installation failed. Click FINISH for further as..."

I tried all the things it suggested without success. The instructions say to be sure Firefox/Tools/Add-ons/Plugins/Shockwave Flash says “Always activate,” but I can’t because Firefox has blocked it; it says “Never activate” and the other options are grayed out.

I deleted Applications/Adobe/Flash Player. I deleted Library/Internet Plug-ins/Flash Player.plugin   and   flashplayer.xpt. I think the old Flash is gone gone gone, but still I can't install the new version.

One of the forum responses said that the installer has a problem and gave a work-around, using the contents of the package, but the description of what to do didn't match what I saw as the contents of the package. When I double-clicked the .dmg, double-clicked the icon on the desktop, right-clicked the icon in the window that opened, clicked Show Package Contents, clicked Contents, click MacOS, and double-clicked Install Adobe Flash Player, the same error occurred. Still failed. A Terminal window opened, showing this:

——

Last login: Tue Mar 21 14:29:55 on console

Lap-Five:~ carhu$ /Volumes/Adobe\ Flash\ Player\ Installer/Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player.app/Contents/MacOS/Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player ; exit;

2017-03-21 14:45:57.982 Adobe Flash Player Install Manager[563:12111] Install failed with error code: 30.

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

At last there was an error code (30). Oh boy! Can some expert explain this and tell me what to do?

Rebooting the computer doesn't help. Re-downloading the installer doesn't help. I get the same error with AdobeFlashPlayer_25au_a_install.dmg  (downloaded 10 days ago) and  AdobeFlashPlayer_25_a_install.dmg  (downloaded today).

Help!