• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cache problems

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have After Effect CC 2017 for my Macbook Pro and whenever i import a video clip the green bar goes on for a little bit and then it stops. I've looked online on how to solve the cache problem and i cleared my disk cache and deleted some old projects. I restarted my laptop and i uninstalled and installed AE twice. What am i doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How old and fast is the computer.  How big and fast is your drive, and only got one? How big, what codec and how long is the clip?

I'm no expert and many people seem to do it on a laptop, but I think Ae does much better on big fast desktop computers with multiple solid state and fast drives.  Install it on a good desktop and see if it chokes on that clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the 2015 version of the Macbook Pro, i have 2 slots of memory space that is 2GB, and my clip is 22 seconds long

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a clip half that size, what happens.  A quarter that size? Stills? Different codec? Can you make it not break?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have caches from earlier AE versions still on the machine.  Get rid of them.  And as always, AE will use as much memory as possible for a preview.  If you don't have much, you don't get much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Luciid3,

Sorry for this caching issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if our experts’ advice helped you or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines