5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2017 8:46 PM by JJMack

Stacking & Merging files not working in PS CC 2017?

jorgeb001 Level 1

I am trying to stack/merge images together in the latest version of PS CC and it only finds the current open file, not the others which are open?  anybody know why that is?

• 1. Re: Stacking & Merging files not working in PS CC 2017?
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
          • Adobe product and version number
          • Operating system and version number
          • The full text of any error message(s)
          • What you were doing when the problem occurred
          • Screenshots of the problem
          • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.

How are you going about this process  where does you process fail? Photoshop is not a File editor it edits Photoshop documents. Photoshop open files into Photoshop Documents.  With a script like load files into a stack Photoshop can open many files into to a single Photoshop document where each layer is the composite of each file you had Photoshop open into a stack. You can convert this stack into a smart object layer and use stack mode merge for example.  What is your process?

• 2. Re: Stacking & Merging files not working in PS CC 2017?
            jorgeb001 Level 1

I have several (5) files open separately, I typically follow the following process:

Files, Scripts, Load Files Into Stack.

In the Load Layers menu I select Add Open Files.

In the past it loaded the open files and allowed you to select those you wanted merged into a stack, now only opens 1 file in the list...???  Not working like it used to...

• 3. Re: Stacking & Merging files not working in PS CC 2017?

Have you saved all the open documents so none of them have un-savec changes you just made in Photoshop.  The open document to be merged must be saved  they can not be merged if there are unsaved change made in your the open documents. For the backing file will be merged not the open document your changes would not be in the backing file till you save them. .

I get a list of saved open document and a message that states open document have not been saved. In this example I have three open new documents all have been saved but document 2 has had addition changes made. Its not in the list of files added.

Capture.jpg

• 4. Re: Stacking & Merging files not working in PS CC 2017?
                jorgeb001 Level 1

I tried that, all files are saved and all that happens is that the 1st file is selected from the Load Layers panel, cannot understand why?

• 5. Re: Stacking & Merging files not working in PS CC 2017?

I run Windows 10 and Use Photoshop CC 2014, because CC 2017 has too many scripting bugs which bit at some of my scripts.

However Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 and Adobe Load Files into Stack works on my Windows 10 Machine. Both Windows 10 Preview and Microsoft Window 10 product code.

Adobe Load Files into Script uses there other Adobe  scripts LatteUI.jsx, StackSupport.jsx and  CreateImageStack.jsx.

Load Files into Stack.jsx Script is 129 Lines

LatteUI.jsx script is 411Lines

StackSupport.jsx script is  1072 lines

CreateImageStack.jsx script is 1307 line.

Capture.jpg

1 person found this helpful