5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2017 10:25 AM by Preran

Muse freezes on file open if connected to internet

Rossak1 Level 1

HI,

MUSE 17.0.2 OSX 10.11.6

On opening a Muse file the thumbnails are greyed out and on opening any page Muse Freezes. Pages can be opened using "Go To Asset" from the asset panel. Saving freezes muse. In all situations "Force Quit Applications" dialogue box does not show Muse as unresponsive.

If the internet connection is turned off the files open and work OK.

Muse appears to be trying to resolve the location of "something" that it thinks is in the cloud.

this behaviour is not consistent with all files. I don't have anything in the cloud library except a swatch I saved there by mistake.

the same files open with no issues on my laptop

I have tried with no change.

retro installing to Muse 2015

using the adobe "Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool"

trashing all Adobe files and folders from (in System and user locations) "Application Support/Adobe" and "Preferences". [ although after this and a clean install               Muse still had a list of recent files.]

Turning off "Sync" in Creative Cloud App Preferences

I would like to be able to disconnect these files from the cloud. Any suggestions

thanks

• 1. Re: Muse freezes on file open if connected to internet
          Preran Adobe Employee

Can you try signing out of Muse using Help > Sign Out?

Thanks,

Preran

• 2. Re: Muse freezes on file open if connected to internet
            Rossak1 Level 1

Hi Preran,

I signed out as you suggested and opened a file which had previously caused problems.

A warning dialogue came up saying that the file used Typekit Fonts which wouldn't be available until sign in.

The thumbnails were present and pages opened without freezing. Unsurprisingly the pages didn't display correctly due to font substitution.

Perhaps the fonts are somehow the issue here.

Over to you.

best

ross

• 3. Re: Muse freezes on file open if connected to internet
              Preran Adobe Employee

It's likely that the fonts could be causing trouble. Can you try substituting fonts one by one to look for the one that may be causing the problem?

Thanks,

Preran

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Muse freezes on file open if connected to internet
                Rossak1 Level 1

Hi Preran,

Sorry for the delay. First chance I've had a block of time to get this done. As you can imagine it's very time consuming.

I picked a file which caused problems and found it had no typekit fonts. Only Trebuchet and Arial.

Just in case I substituted these with Helvetica. No Change.

I deleted all of the pages except for 2 and proceeded to remove all of the elements one by one until nothing was left. I even created a new master and substituted this.

I now have a two page website with no elements, white page with a stroke and white browser fill.

No change in behaviour, the page still freezes Muse when connected to the internet.

When opened on my laptop the file works fine.

Is there any way I can see what Muse is trying to do when the file opens and it freezes. It obviously is getting stuck with a network communication. I'm not sure what log files to look at. I have a MuseLog.txt which seems quite Macro. I have also copied the activity monitor entries from the latest freeze. If they are of any use.

Maybe I need to remove every single Adobe file on my computer and start from a clean install of everything. Is there a guide for this.

Guess I'll have to work on the laptop for now.

thanks

ross

• 5. Re: Muse freezes on file open if connected to internet
                  Preran Adobe Employee

Hi Rossak,

I am as clueless as you are. I definitely would want you to work on both your computers. I suggest getting in touch with Adobe Customer Care Contact Customer Care who should be able to further troubleshoot your issue.

Thanks,

Preran