2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2017 4:28 PM by sexyguitarguy87

How to stop pixels/view from being less accurate when zooming out?

sexyguitarguy87

Hello, I've been using Photoshop for a while now, but one thing that I cant figure out is how to get the pixels to align to the grid.. I recently bought a 4k monitor, and this is more noticeable now than on other screens. If anyone can help figure this out it would be greatly appreciated.

photoshop 1.PNGphotoshop 3.PNGphotoshop 2.PNG

When the image is zoomed all the way to 3200% the image is perfect, but when you start zooming out, this is what you get.    

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

• 1. Re: How to stop pixels/view from being less accurate when zooming out?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Not sure what you are asking. Looks just fine to me. For the grid to show up 100% sharp on a high-DPI screen, it would have to be rendered in screen space, which it doesn't. It's simply the image buffer scaled up. This is not 4k specific. It happens on other screens, too, but as long as the output is okay, what's the problem? You just have to get used to it. Feel free to experiment with your GPU acceleration settings and PS' cache tiles to improve the appearance.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: How to stop pixels/view from being less accurate when zooming out?
            sexyguitarguy87 Level 1

Thanks for your response.The problem is that I'm trying to draw pixel art for a game, and symmetry is important. When I zoom out to look at the image as a whole the pixels don't seem aligned to the grid, and makes it more difficult to work with. Maybe this is something I just have to deal with, I'm not sure. I was just hoping someone could help me set it so that the pixels scale with the grid and don't look like they aren't filling it in all the way or are misaligned. In case you couldn't see the issue, I'm attaching a zoomed image. Again, If there's nothing that can be done then so be it.

photoshop 4.PNG