• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Place a Library Asset With an Action?

Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking at the Page Curl thread yesterday, and looked at an approach making the effect as a Smart Object, and placing it a CC Library.  I then tried to place it on an image using an Action, but was unable to record the Place step in the action.  A look at the Help pages gave me the impression that I'd need to set up asset sharing, which is more trouble than I'd want to go to, so is there a simple way to place a Library asset using an Action in Photoshop CC?

BTW  I tried placing linked and embedded.  I have Shared the item which now has THIS LINK but I am not sure how to use that link in an Action.

Thanks

Incidentally, sharing items via CC Libraries would be a useful way to share image assets with other forum members.  I haven't tried it, but you could turn a lot of layers into a Smart Object, and place in a Library.  Methinks I'll have to test that idea.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I can test the shared assets idea because I'm thinking it needs to be accessed via another user's library.  Grabbing the item from the shared link just gets you a single rasterized layer, albeit a layer with transparency intact.  If anyone out there feels like sharing something from their library, I'd appreciate the chance to test it.  Ta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few of mine that might be useful:

Vector Adobe logo

Adobe Creative Cloud

Canon logo

Adobe Creative Cloud

Sandisk

Adobe Creative Cloud

Photoshop

Adobe Creative Cloud

Logitech G

Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACP (Illustrator file)

https://adobe.ly/2o0EmiL

That's all of my universally useful Library assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd appreciate some help with this.  If you don't know how to record placing a Library object in an Action, then that's no biggie, but if someone wouldn't mind right clicking any object in a CC library and choosing Share.  (make it vector object if possible — a simple shape layer made a Smart Object will do)

When opens in a browser window click on the Private switch which will toggle to Public, and produce a link.  Either post the link here, or PM it to me.  I just want to see if I can use it in my library, and if yes, still as an editable vector object.  I don't know if the object would be linked back to your library, so edits would be reflected at your end.

\

Conversely, can you try and use my asset links back up this thread.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor, 

Did you ever figure out how to record placing a cc library asset into the layers panel of photoshop using an action?

I am stuck with the exact same dilema. It would be great if some one could assist with a solution to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. It seems like you can't place library items in a layer as an action. The action just ignores that. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, did you place a feature request on Feedback for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i know this is an old topic, but it is very frustrating that it still doesnt work.

I found a simple workaround to this problem : i make a new document at the same size as the item from library, i put all the layers on that document, and save it as a psd. In the action i use place embeded and then convert to layer. The actions work really ok like this. Extra steps for a simple thing, but at least it's something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This helped so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines