• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem, a folder disappeared from my external hd, but it was not deleted, Lightroom can read part of it because I have already imported it, but since I do not have the matrix folder, it is impossible for me to export the catalago, some Photos are in perfect condition and others are stunned, have they seen any similar? Can someone give me a hand?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which version of Lightroom are you using?

I would recommend you to backup your external drive as it could be a hardware malfunction. Also, does those images still open in Lightroom of you copy them to your desktop and then locate the missing one's in Lightroom.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Akash. So when it happened I was using 2015, now I use 2017 but it read because it was in the library I just did update the program. I can no longer find the files in raw, but the folder is still in the same place and in the program it only says to be without the matrix when I open the photos, but in the left corner it seems like the photos were there, but in the same folder Contains nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using 2017 of what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom that I updated now in 2017, but the catalago is still in the same place at the time of exporting it appears as not recognizing the mother folder, because the photos of the matrriz folder are gone, but the photos are in the catalog, they just do not export. Have you seen anything like it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry. I know that you know what you are talking about. But I can't follow the problem. Are you saying that the Matrix folder is missing? What photos are in the catalog but do not export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This, the photos have disappeared from the parent folder, but they appear in the catalago, I can not stress them because they do not have their matrix, I wonder if they have seen something like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean when you say you cannot stress them? What is their matrix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the same time, I just wanted some help from Adobe, because being in Brazil and having to write English and not understand it is difficult to pay for a program that does not give us decent assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your original image files are located on your hard drive(s), internal or external drives.

The LR catalog is a database. It just references the files, and their folders, using path names. The images are not "in" LR.

As LR references the original files, it creates temporary preview files of the images for speed of display.

When you go to export your edits out of the catalog so that you can see the edits outside of LR, you need access to the original files on your hard drive.

If your original files are missing from your hard drive, you need to restore them from your backup copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines